Thursday, December 4, 2008

Praying for sleep

So, it's 4:30 AM and I've been up since 2:15! Brianna is going through something horrible and is refusing to go back to sleep. Yesterday she started running a fever. I'm assuming it's her teeth. She's got 3 coming in right now so I alternated tylenol and motrin a few times. She's been sleeping through the night for the last 2 months now so when she woke up at 2:15, I knew something had to be wrong. She was burning up. 103 temp! I feel so bad for her. I nursed her for about an hour and everytime she fell asleep and I tried to take my boob out of her mouth she would scream. Finally, it got to the point of no return and she didn't even want to nurse anymore. She insisted that I turn the TV on. So, I did. That only lasted for so long. Then she wanted her water, then a banana, and now and apple and Diego. So...here I am sitting on the couch watching Diego while Bri eats an apple. Ususally, this would not fly but it's so hard when they're sick. You just want them to be happy. Plus, if she cries I'm afraid she'll get all worked up and her fever will come back. I think when this Diego episode is over I'm going to take her for a ride and maybe she'll fall back alseep. Pitiful! I know! But desperate times call for desperate measures. I need to go to Walgreens anyways to get more tylenol. I know her fevers going to come back. Hopefully, we can get into the doctors tomorrow...no, this morning. I'm pretty sure it's her teeth but I just want to make sure it's not her ears or something like that. Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I know mine is going to suck!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I feel your pain. Alex is in the same exact spot right now. We went to Dr. P yesterday. His fevers got up to 104.6, I feeked, but it came down quick after meds.

I've been alternating the tylenol and motrin too ... if you're not already, keep a chart of time, temp and med ... I was so frazzled yesterday with his crying/fevers, I was losing track. :( This has been going on since Monday, and last night was the same ... I hope this stops soon. I hate seeing him in pain. :(

Hope Brianna feels better soon ... and you get some rest too!

Amanda said...

Cyber hugs your way! That is quite the way to start the day. I hope there is napping in your future. =)

Red said...

Have you ever nursed her in bed to the point where either you or her fell back asleep? That was the best for me.

Trish Chibas said...

Christy:
I feel for you! This just blows. Teething sucks!

Red:
Usually I can nurse Bri to sleep but I'm not very good at sleeping through the sucking, especially now that I'm pregnant and my nipples are very sensitive.