Friday, December 26, 2008

My baby's a big girl

Tonight was monumental. Every night when it's time for bed we have the same routine. It ends with me saying Brianna are you ready to go Night night? She comes running over with a smile on her face signing and saying milk, I nurse her, put her in her crib, and she falls asleep comfortably with no fuss. Well, tonight after our bath she watched a little Diego and started to look tired. She went pee pee on the potty, I put a diaper on her and asked her if she wanted to go "Night night". She didn't sign anything or say anything. She just put her arms up in the air for me to grab her so I put her in her crib and she fell asleep with no fuss and..... no boob! I thought I would be excited when this day finally happened but I ran to Philipe with tears in my eyes saying maybe we should go check on her cause, obviously, something is wrong with her. LOL. Since I've been pregnant I stopped offering to nurse her. I only do it when she asks (unless she is extremely cranky and needs to chill out). Well, she doesn't really ever ask anymore. I'm so happy this is all happening on her terms. I'm anxious to see how she's going to react when the new baby gets here. 



4 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I know I will not be excited when that day comes (it will mean that I am a dried up barren old fart). Sometimes David falls asleep without nursing, but he makes up for it later on.

Trish Chibas said...

LOL! You are too funny with your words. Bri could really care less to nurse at all during the day. Night time is usually our special time together. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an advancement!

The Cooking Lady said...

No mother likes to realize their babies are growing up. Deep down we want to keep them little. But that cannot happen.

When my son graduated this year, I cried like a baby. I could not stop the tears from flowing. It happens, it is a part of life, that does not mean will like to see it get here.