Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm baaaack!


Boy oh boy have I missed blogging! I have been so frustrated. My desktop computer is on its way out. It's lucky I haven't chucked it, with all the grief it's given me. I haven't been able to blog or check my myspace (which I am very addicted to). I've been wanting to get a new computer for a while now....Philipe finally gave me the go ahead! This time, I decided we would get a laptop. One day we'll fix our desktop and we'll be able to use that one too. What a luxury! Hehehe! I was almost certain I was going to get a Dell but after doing my research I found Apple was top of the line. Could I relearn everything and switch to a Mac???? Yesterday afternoon, after Philipe was done golfing, we scurried to Best Buy. After checking out all the latest notebooks and talking with a salesman that seemed to know his stuff pretty well, we decided to go with the Mac. Crazy, I know! Who uses a Mac anymore? He assured us they're becoming quite popular. Hahaha! We are so easily influenced. There are so many perks to Mac's and I always knew that but this whole system seems so foreign to me. After we decided which Mac was right for us, it was time to check out. Everything was hunky dory until....the man told us they were sold out! UGH! We actually got in my truck and drove all the way to West Palm just because I was so excited and couldn't wait until their new shipment came in on Monday. It was such a fiasco! Poor Brianna wasn't feeling very well either and we trucked her all over town. She's such a trooper! I was looking forward to going home and hooking up the wireless router. No such luck! By the time we got home it was nearly 10:00. When we got home Philipe got Brianna out of the truck and got her ready for bed. I ran to hook up the wireless router but things just weren't going my way at that very moment. I decided to call it a night and go to bed. It turned out the router we got was not compatible with Mac and it would have to be reconfigured (this is what the lady on the phone told me). About an hour and a half later, I was up and running! Yay! I love it. I am sitting on the couch watching Brianna walk around in circles as I type. The only bad thing is I have NO idea how to work  Mac's operating system. It's so different. I'm sure I'll be blogging a lot about my adventures in the Mac world so be prepared!

On to other news.....Brianna is a walking machine! She walks everywhere now! I can't believe how big she is. Almost a year old....*tear. Below is a video of Brianna when she first started walking . Note: she does not hit her head at the end of the video. Very close though.
The other day we went to Philipe's parents to hang out and go swimming. We brought my God-Daughter, Laura, too. We all had a blast. For Philipe's birthday they got him an awesome camera that can go under water. It's awesome! Here's some pics:





2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yea!!! Glad to see you're back!!! Love those underwater pictures- they are too cool!

Trish Chibas said...

Thanks Lauren! Glad to be back!