Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little bit of this and that...

Let me just tell you how much I LOVE my new computer! It's awesome! It's a lot easier to navigate than I thought it would. Patch (Philipe's buddy..they use to work at the same station) came over and showed me all the little short cuts and downloaded some stuff that enables me to read documents and watch videos that windows uses with ease. Piece of cake! Thanks Patch! My laptop has this really cool program called photo booth. It's so much fun. Check out some of our pics....
Family pic...Brianna looks like she's fake smiling. 

Brianna loves looking at herself on the screen.
Some pretty cool effects
I love my baby!

Brianna's still not feeling well. And she's not happy about it! Yesterday, Philipe worked so it was just me and Brianna. Usually, I'll go hang out with one of my other mommy friends (AHEM....Thanks Amy! You're such a pal) Brianna is still sick so we were stuck at home. We were going to go to the park but it rained all day too. We went crazy! Yesterday was definitely one of those days where my patience was tested to the max. She cried all day! If I stood up, she cried. If I didn't hold her the way she wanted to be held, she screamed. I can't wait till she's able to tell me what she wants. Most of the day was spent wearing her on my back. At least I got some cleaning done. I couldn't sit down! Gee... she's so needy. I don't know where she gets that from. *wink. wink. 
Oh! Something big happened yesterday. Brace yourself....Brianna ate a steamed carrot! For those of you who know how much Brianna despises veggies, you'll know this is huge! This should make Nana happy. She's always stressing how Bri should eat veggies. Too cute! I don't know why she doesn't like them. I could eat nothing but veggies all day, every day. I've been trying to double up on my veggie intake, hoping my milk will supply Brianna with the proper nourishment. Pretty cool, huh? Can't do that with formula! 
I have a scrimmage tonight. My legs are finally healed. I really thought I might have had to call it quits there for a little bit. I could barely walk. It was horrible. It's so exciting to be able to kick the ball again and not feel that burning sensation all the way up my groin. If only my ankles didn't feel like they were going to give out on me every time I run. 
Last, but not least, let me tell you what I am NOT looking forward to. Philipe is leaving us for a weak on Sunday. Yup. You read it correctly. That's 1 WHOLE WEEK! He is going on his annual fishing trip in the Key's with some guys on the fire department. I wouldn't be so worried if he was one of those dad's that wasn't very hands on, but he's one I depend on, very much so, for sanity and to help me out. I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess we'll wing it. He better catch a lot of fish! 

That's all for now. Ta ta!

4 comments:

Brittany! said...

I love the new pics. I always put Layla on the web cam for my mom to see and when she sees herself she dances! It's great! They are so vain huh? Miss Ya Bunches!

Lauren said...

Cool pictures! Don't worry about being alone with the baby- you'll do fine. Can you get some help from your family if you need a break? I'm here if you need to get out and do something. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice to "meet" you!

Just so you know, it does get so much easier when they can tell you want the heck they want! Oh, the agony I went through before my daughter could talk! She was very "needy" to put it mildly.

But, it's a great thing when a baby knows exactly where to go when they're in pain or sick. I think it's a sign of what a great job mama is doing!

Anyway, your fam is just beautiful. Great blog!

Ann Marie said...

I LOVE your pictures! They are super cute.