Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girls Night!

Things are going surprisingly well. I've been keeping myself SUPER busy while Philipe is gone to try and make the time go by faster. My God-daughter, Laura, is staying with me for the week too. Thank God for Laura! She's 10 years old. Smart as ever too. The other day I came out to her trying to teach Brianna what the word "motivation" meant. Brianna listened with eyes wide open. I've known Laura since she was 1 year old. I can't believe how she's grown. I dated her uncle way back in the day and her mother and I became really close. While her uncle and I went our separate ways (obviously),  her mother and I have always remained somewhat close. I know Laura will always be a part of my life, as I will always be a part of hers. 

This morning, my little cousin, Selene, came over too. She's going to be 8 in December. Boy oh boy, do I love my Selene...my "boo-ba-loo". She's probably got the biggest heart for a kid. She reminds me so much of myself. Very naive (in a good way) and sees the good in everyone. She's the kind of girl that would befriend the person everyone makes fun of. I love her to death! I could go on forever on these two girls. And I love them even more for being here while Philipe's gone. Oh! Did I mention Brianna is crazy about them. 

So, we've been keeping very busy and doing things girls normally do. We giggle a lot and jam out to the radio blaring. I'm even learning the lyrics to Miley Cirus songs. Or is it Hannah Montana? Whatever! I'm looking forward to all the fun Brianna and I are going to have when she's older and has slumber parties. Yesterday we hung out with some Mommy's from my Mommy group and went swimming. Today we had Mommy Day. It was at a girl named Ann Marie's house. Her home was beautiful and she was a wonderful host. She made some baked ziti that was off the chain! Thank God for Laura, Selene, and my Mommy group. 

I've talked to Philipe a few times. His phone is dead and he "accidentally" forgot his phone charger so we are having to communicate using someone else's phone. How convenient. He's having a good time and seems to be keeping a steady buzz. They're not "slaying" the fish yet (as he calls it) but he says it takes a couple days to find out what works and what doesn't . I'm looking forward to eating the fish he catches....and the many mornings I'll get to sleep in and he can't complain. Hahaha

Tomorrow we are going to go swimming all day at Philipe's parents house. Brianna is almost at the point where she can float on her back by herself. She kicks her feet like a pro too! Then Laura's mom, Beth, wants to take us out to dinner to Longhorn. MMMM... I'm a little bummed because now it's just going to be me and Bri in bed. There's not enough room in bed for all of us, so the girls are going to sleep in the living room. Oh well. At least I have Brianna to cuddle with. I am off to bed. Got a busy day ahead of me tomorrow! G'Night!!!

2 comments:

Brittany! said...

Goodness Trish I checked earlier today to see if you had wrote a new blog cause it just tickles me to read what you have to say. It's funny...now that I am a stay at home mom I find myself pay much more attention and noticing little things I didn't before. Keep up the work on the posts. And yes. I have been learning Hannah Montana jams myself and just can't wait to do it with Layla and braid her hair and have her paint my toes LOL

Trish Chibas said...

Awww...thanks Britt! To bad you love so far away. I imagine us having some crazy slumber parties with our girls. LOL! Maybe Bri and I will have to fly to Texas for a slumber week!