Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where's the baby???

Today is not a very good day. Brianna is sick! Poor baby. Yesterday, I spent a good portion of the day scrubbing my house. It was my turn to host "Mommy Day". Around 4:30 I had to stop cleaning and get ready for soccer practice. We've started dropping Brianna off at Philipe's parents while I play soccer. My practices start at 6:00 p.m. It is so hot and there are little microscopic bugs that annoy the crap out of us so we decided it would be best for Brianna to hang out with Nana and Papa. Besides, she's CRAZY about them! She doesn't even cry when we leave or act excited when we come back. Breaks my heart but I know it's because we've done a good job and she feels comfortable and knows we wouldn't leave her with anybody we don't trust...Hey, this is what I have to tell myself. LOL! Any how....Brianna had a little cold that I thought she was getting over. Well, when we picked her up she was coughing and was really congested. Her breathing was a little raspy too. I feel so bad for her. So, I had to cancel mommy day. I don't want Brianna to get any of her buddies sick. So today we've been 'bummin' it. 
Brianna started going stir crazy from sitting in the house for so long so we went to the new health food store, not to far from us. This place was awesome! It's an entire grocery store with all organic and Earth friendly stuff. They have everything....EXCEPT...baby formula! Hahaha! I love it! I don't know why they didn't have it...maybe the shipment hasn't come in yet or something but it didn't look like there was a spot reserved for it or anything. Wish all stores were like that.  I got Brianna some homeopathic cough remedy. We'll see if it works. And, since she's sick, I had to get her her favorite snack, rasberries. She doesn't really have that much of an appetite but she tore up some rasberries.
Bri does the cutest thing. I can put her baby doll down with a bunch of toys and if you ask her where her baby is, she goes right to it and brings it to me. Oh, the things that tickle our hearts when we become mothers! I tried to get it on video. Notice how she puts her hands out, as to say, "I dunno mama...where's my baby". 
The second video is for Aunt Lisa. We knew you would be proud to see Brianna throwing a ball. Possible softball player????? Only if you're her coach!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Both videos are really cute! I love how she gestures "I dunno, where is the baby?". Also it's so cute that she's able to squat down to pick up the ball and maintain her balance at the same time. She's so coordinated!