Saturday, May 31, 2008

Soccer time

So, I joined a soccer league and I am definitely not feeling as athletic and flexible as I use to. A friend from high school contacted me and was excited to try and get me on her team. I went to see what it was all about. It was only suppose to be a practice but they ended up putting together a last minute scrimmage. The last time I played soccer was high school! It did not go how I had envisioned it. I never realized just how out of shape I am. At first, I was doing alright. Then, the nausea started to kick in, followed by the light handedness. Before I knew it, I could barely breathe. Hahaha! It must have been quite the sight! I didn't say anything though. First impressions are everything. I'm definitely paying for it now. Every muscle in my body aches. LOL! I use to laugh at people like me when I was younger. (Sorry mom and dad, now I know how you felt). Philipe and Brianna had a blast. I can't even begin to describe what it looked like on the side line. Philipe would yell for me to "run up there" or "hurry up and get back", etc. Brianna, trying to be like her Daddy, would let out a growl and yell too! It was pretty intense. OH! The best part is, I'm the only white girl, which doesn't bother me at all. Hispanics are very good soccer players but I don't speak Spanish and not a whole lot of them speak English. My friend has to translate everything between me and the coach. It's too funny! I just might come out of this whole experience learning a little bit of Spanish.

Philipe, Brianna and I went out the next day to get all my gear. I never should have gotten rid of all my stuff before but I was almost sure my soccer days were over. I give a whole new meaning to "soccer mom". Of coarse, we had to get Brianna her first soccer ball!













Well, I have another game tomorrow at 9 a.m. I'm hoping Brianna Sleeps good for me tonight. Philipe's working so I'm on my own. Wish me good luck! G'Night!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Brianna looks so cute in those pictures. I can't believe how much she's grown. Good luck tomorrow!

Trish Chibas said...

Thanks Lauren...I'll need it.

Karla said...

Hey Trish, I love your blog! You are very funny and a Super Mom. Way to go switching to cloth dipers. Don't feel bad about being a little out of shape. You are using your body for something way more beautiful and important than sports!

Trish Chibas said...

Awww...Thanks Karla! You are one super mom yourself. I'm glad you found my blog okay. I suggest you start one too. It's a great way to keep family informed. Miss you guys!