Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Heart broken...

Ugh! This house I was so excited about is falling through. The lady keeps going back and forth if she wants to sell it or not. I didn't think it was anything to worry about as we've already signed a contract. Her included! Well, today we found out she's backing out. She said she's still going to pay the realtor's that were involved, cancel the contract, and accept the possibility that we could sue her.  We've already had the house inspected and picked out all new appliances. We had such great plans for this house. I envisioned having my babies in that big Jacuzzi tub and building a family there. Philipe even said he would let me get a pig, something I've wanted as long as I can remember, for a pet. I even had a spot picked out where I was going to try and grow my own produce in the back yard. There's huge trees to hang swings from and plenty of room for kids to run and play. I'm sooooo bummed. Michelle, my very good friend who is also the realtor, is trying to keep me in good spirits. She's looking online for court cases where buyers sell for specific performance but there aren't many to be found. Usually, it is the seller suing the buyer; not the other way around. Normally, people who don't want to sell don't put their house on the market. This lady has had her house on the market for 3 years!!!!

UPDATE: We have an appointment on the 25th to have an attorney go over the contract. It just doesn't seem fair to me that she would string us this far along. These contracts are in place for a reason! I hope we're doing the right thing. Keep us in your prayers!!!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

What the???? Sounds like this woman has emotional ties to the house and the finality of it all has totally freaked her out. I really hope she gets it together and follows through on her end of the bargin. This is so not fair...

Trish Chibas said...

She definately has emotional ties to the house, which I completely understand....but then take your damn house off the market! It's not fair at all but what can I do?

fitncrafty said...

Oh my goodness... I am SO sorry.. We had this happen to us.. it is so emotional. I sure hope if nothing else you get your escrow money back and any money that you paid out for inspections, seems she owes you that much.. It is a contract.. Best of luck with the lawyers.
I am hoping for you that an even more perfect house will show up for you all!

Trish Chibas said...

Oh, we better get our money back. But more than anything we just really want the house. It felt like home already. That stinks this happen to you too. Did you get a lawyer? I've never heard of anything like this! Usually it's the other way around.

Little Lady said...

Steven and I have been through something like this, sans contract. The people sought us out, by knocking on a friend's door who lives in the neighborhood (remember Reid Whitaker?), and said we heard you know someone who wants to buy our house. We were so excited! Then they strung us along for 3 weeks, while they waited for a bid to go through on a house, and then backed out of everything. Like I said, we didn't have a contract yet, and we haven't really been able to find anything we love as much yet. I do know of a house, you might want to look into... I'll message you on facebook!

Christy said...

I saw the title of your post and my heart dropped ... This really sucks. Wish I had advice for ya, good luck at the lawyers and keep your chin up, although at this point, I'm sure that's hard. Hugs.

Natacha said...

This really sucks... I can't even imagine how you must be feeling But I just wanted to tell you that I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason... This *might* just be a huge blessing in disguise. Keep your head up You will def be in my prayers!

Love and Blessings~