Thursday, November 20, 2008

Prego pics...

When I was pregnant with Brianna we took belly pics weekly. That's just not happening this time. I hope this baby doesn't ever feel less equal but it's just different the second time around. I will be sure to smother him or her with kisses and tell them how much I love them everyday. You can be sure of that! Any who.... Here's me at 16 weeks. I'm looking a lil gruby because I just got done working out to Denise Austin's awesome pregnancy workout video. 


This was me at 12 weeks. I totally forgot to post it. I don't really like how fuzzy it is but we used Philipe's camera for that one.

The other day I got to go see an awesome documentary, Orgasmic Birthing. I thought by the title it was going to be a little over the top for me but it wasn't at all. It was beautiful and I loved how it portrayed how giving birth can be somewhat sensual and doesn't always have to be related to such extreme pain. It was nice riding with Jen and Denise too. A little girl time is always good for the soul! You can read Denise's review here.

As for Brianna news.... She's teething horribly. She's got her 2 pointy top teeth (don't remeber what they're called) coming in and they're the worst ones yet. Usually Brianna is pretty good when it comes to teething but these have definitely been an exception. They look horrible. All white and swollen. There's a hole on the one side but the tooth is taking it's sweet little time coming through. Bless her little heart! Brianna has peed on the potty 3 times. Only once was her choice. The other 2 times she started on the floor and I put her on the potty where she finished. She hates when we make a big deal about it too. It freaks her out. So, I guess the author of that book I read on elimination communication knew what he was talking about. 

I'm feeling great. I really do love being pregnant. I can't say that enough. I felt some fluttering going on in my belly but I can't be to sure it was the baby. It's still early. I just had an appointment with my midwife on Monday. Everything was perfect. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150's. Beautiful! Sometimes it's hard to hear over Brianna's screaming but it's still music to my ears. Brianna freaks out everytime they take my blood pressure and it's all down hill from there. Luckily, Alana has 2 kids and is more than patient with us. She tries to get Bri all involved but she's just not feeling it. I was really looking forward to Brianna being home with us when the baby's born but now I'm having second thoughts. Hopefully she'll come around. We still have a while. I'm really excited that I've only gained 2.5 lbs. I think by this time with Brianna I was well over 4o lbs. I've been watching my diet but lately these sweet cravings are just unbearable. I can't resist them! Oh... and salt and vinegar chips are my downfall. They just taste so sinfully delicious. Mmmm, I can taste it now.

4 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Your photos are great! I have a feeling you will have lots of beautiul prego photos of baby #2. This baby won't feel deprived at all.

I enjoyed riding with you and Jen, too!

Anonymous said...

My daughter totally freaked out everytime we got to the exam portion of our visit w/our midwife. Crying, screaming, everything. But, she slowly came around. By time I was about 7 months along, she was helping take my blood pressure and find the babies heartbeat w/the doppler. She LOVED it!

I think it's just such an unusual event for them at first to see their mama getting touched like that.

I'm sure your little one will come around too!

Btw, you look gorgeous!

Trish Chibas said...

Well, that's definitely reassuring. I'm sure Brianna will come around. It just doesn't look like it's going to be any time soon. Thank you so much for your kind words. You always look amazing! And your birth story is truly inspirational!

The Cooking Lady said...

I loved being pregnant. Do I miss it? No, but I enjoyed it while I was with child ( I love that expression).

I love seeing mothers who are expecting, it brings back such wonderful memories for me.