Friday, November 21, 2008

Potty news

Brianna actually walked up to her potty ( we have sitting in the living room), sat on it, and peed! She's peed on the potty before but never on her own. I usually have to watch her and wait till she cues me that she has to go. Then we try hard to her to sit and STAY on the potty long enough to pee. We read books and play legos but as soon as she starts to release some urine she stands up and freaks out. The other day she sat long enough but was rather freaked out about the whole thing. Not today. Today I was sitting on the couch and she went running up to the potty saying, "pee pee", sat down and peed. She stood up and waited for my reaction. I told her, "Wow, you must feel a lot better. You're such a big girl now. Let's go flush it and say bye-bye." If I jump up and down she freaks out but you better believe I was on the inside. After she saw how calm I was she clapped her hands a bit and that was that. About an hour later, she did it again! Damn, I'm proud!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That's awesome, Trish! I guess it just goes to show that if you stick with it, eventually EC will start to work for you.

Maybe Ruby should have more diaper free time and she'll get to that point. She does hate her clear potty, maybe 'cause her butt is too small for it and it's uncomfortable? Perhaps we need to try an different potty instead. I dunno.

I do know that the little time that I've spent EC'ing Ruby has payed off because she makes the noise when she pees, when I pee, when Mike pees, when Tory pees... LOL!