Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Goats!

I've got 2 goats in my backyard right now and I'm loving it! A friend of ours picked up some goats that some people had as pets but couldn't afford anymore. Philipe helped him out and they decided to put the 2 of the goats in the dog run so they could clear out the brush for us. They're super cute!!! Bri likes to try and feed them carrots (I hope it's safe to give goats carrots), but they seem really shook up so they just run from us. They seem to come closest to Brianna when she offers them food. I'm not to sure if it's cause they like her or they want to ram her with their horns. They just got here today so I figured I'd give them a day to adjust before I try to befriend them. They're both neutered males. One is a year old and the other one is four. It's obvious the older one is in charge. Anytime the little dude gets close to him he rams him. Bully! I hope he doesn't try to do that to me tomorrow.

I started going through all Bri's clothes today and unpacking newborn clothes. It got me really excited! If anyone buys this baby any clothes I think I'll murder them. LOL. There are so many clothes that Brianna never even wore. I can't wait to dress me new little bambino! I've been having a ton of contractions lately. It's starting to get a little uncomfortable. They don't hurt so much, but I'll be in the middle of doing something and I'll feel my uterus get hard as a rock and it makes it a little difficult to do things. I had a lot of contractions when I was pregnant with Brianna too so I'm not to worried. My midwife told me you usually have more braxton hix with every pregnancy. That means I'm ahead of the game. My uterus is already preparing for delivery. Woo hoo! Maybe this baby will slide on out. LOL! Wishful thinking. I know this sounds crazy but I kind of hope I don't have a super quick labor. I want to savor this whole experience. Especially the part where my baby is getting ready to enter the world. I was in labor with Brianna for about 12 hours. That seemed perfect. Looking back on it, it seems like it was a matter of minutes. 

I'm on a blogging roll here! Maybe you'll hear more from me tomorrow ;)


1 comment:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

>I know this sounds crazy but I kind of hope I don't have a super quick labor. I want to savor this whole experience. Especially the part where my baby is getting ready to enter the world.

I think this sounds very sensible. Having a labor where you feel in control and appreciate your labor is ideal.