Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Big pee pee" on the potty... alas

Right after I posted my blog the other day something BIG happen! Brianna pooped on the potty! This is huge! It's no secret that when we're home Bri is usually bottomless. It's the only way she'll pee on the potty. I can usually tell when she has to poo cause she'll come and tell me she has to go pee pee while holding her butt. I'll tell her to go on the big girl potty. She'll say, "Oh" (like she totally forgot) and go sit on it, let out a fart and say, "noooooo". She then gets up holding her but telling me she has to go "big pee pee" but won't try to sit on the potty again. I usually put a diaper on her at this point cause I'm afraid she's going to get all backed up or something. LOL. I knew the only way she was going to make the connection was if she pooped on the floor and I made a big deal about how it's suppose to go in the potty. So..... I had to bite the bullet and just let her poop on the floor. The other day she was playing in her play room and started freaking out, screaming, "Momma, help me!" I knew what had happened, I just hoped it didn't happen on the brand new carpet. It did! It was a mess! I explained to her that we go poop on the potty and it seemed like she understood. The next day she ran to the potty holding her butt saying, "pee pee' but didn't make it quick enough and it hit the floor about a foot in front of her potty. The next day was a success!!! It was right after my last post. I was chatting with Laura and Brianna ran by us, holding her but saying, "big pee pee". She sat on her potty and pushed for a couple seconds (to much detail?) and out plopped the biggest turd! I was so happy I almost cried. She didn't want to get up though. It was like she was afraid to see what she just did. I stood her up to wipe her butt and showed her that she put her poop in the potty and she got all freaked out. I think she thought the thing was going to come alive and beat her up. I don't know. After I flushed it she ran up to me with a big smile and said, "Good girl, big pee pee!".  I can't believe she finally did it. All by herself. I'm one proud momma!

Philipe and I have been talking a lot about our garden we plan to start once the babies born and we're all situated. I can't wait! I have lots of research to do. I have so many plans for our 1 acre! LOL. Once we've got our garden in order, I plan on getting some chickens too. I can't wait. I remember growing up on my grandpas farm and looking forward to the morning so we could go find eggs. It was like Easter, everyday! I want that for my kids! I also want them to learn where their food comes from. I think it will be a great experience for everyone in our family, and we'll have yummy eggs to eat and know exactly where they came from. At first, I didn't think Philipe would be on board but I think he's taking it in. I've been reading a lot about raising chickens and following a few blogs of people who have decided to add chickens to their lives. I can't wait to build my coop! 

Yesterday morning Philipe, Brianna, and I were all laying in bed. The baby was going nuts so Philipe had his hand on my belly and was making loud, "Wow's" and "Holy Cows". This got Brianna really intrigued. She always kisses and rubs my belly but she never wanted to feel it move. She kept her hand on my belly for a good 30 seconds and the baby started kicking. Her face was priceless when she felt it. Philipe and I couldn't stop laughing. And the louder we all got, the harder the baby would kick Bri's hand. She was so excited. Now, she'll come sit next to me and keep her hands on my belly until she feels the baby move. She loves it. My computer still isn't recognizing my camera but I took some pics of her with my lap top.
Brianna thinks my belly makes a nice arm rest


Waiting to feel sissy move

Kisses for the baby

And, I'll end with a video of Bri doing her letters. 

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Such a cute post, Trish! Ruby was diaperless this morning and she pooped and peed all over my floor.

Hey, you just left a message on my answering machine. I'll call you!

Bye!

Natacha said...

Luv the pic with Bri rubbin you ...so sweet! all of them were precious!!!

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I love the photos too.

Christy said...

Love the video! She is such a cutie and so smart. Congrats on your new place. I've enjoyed catching up with your posts, keep'm comin.