Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome home Blendtec baby!

Today, I woke up feeling a little crappy. My throat hurt and my body ached. I hate being sick.
Philipe and I had some running around to do today. We got all that out of the way and decided to go to Nelson's family farm. I was really bummed that I had to leave my local organic co-op but we needed to make sure we were doing everything we could to to save money for when we move. Philipe assured me that I could get more produce and pick what I wanted for cheaper, as we are moving right down the street from 2 local farmers. I didn't really think it was going to be that much cheaper but I was wrong. I got twice as much for the same price. I was stoked! I was so excited that I told Philipe that it would be even better if we went home to my blentec on the front porch. Whouldn't ya know.....it was right there, next to the front door. Ugh! It was like Christmas. I hurried in and washed all the produce. First, I made Bri a strawberry grape juice. It was soooo delicious. Brianna didn't relly care for it to much. LOL. I think she's really built up a taste to her green smoothies. Her little buddy was here though, and she chugged a whole sippy cup full. Philipe loved it too. Next, it was on to the big dog. I put a bunch of kale and spinach mixed with some berries, mango, apple, bananna, and flax seed oil. It was pretty good but the kale was a little over bearing so I added some lemon and more berries. It was a little better. I loved it but I was worried that Philipe would complain it wasn't sweet enough. He drank it like a champ! He said he thought it tasted pretty good. I think his palate is getting acclimated too! Bri got excited about having another "moothie" and drank some like a champ too. She didn't drink as much as she normally does but that's becasue it was a totally different taste for her. I'm so excited to see my family healthy. Brianna has gotten so much better about trying new things and Philipe has been super supportive of me trying to better the fam. I love my happy little family.
With out further ado, meet the newest addition....






3 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

Congrats on your new kitchen buddy!!! Blendtecs are amazing :) I've had mine for more than four years.

Cheers to your health and green smoothies,
Kristen

The Cooking Lady said...

HAH! We love Nelsons and shop there on a weekly basis. Who knows, we may have bumped into one another and not even known it.

I am going on Monday the 19 close to lunch time, around 11:30ish. Who knows we could make this a weekly date. then we can go and see Denise. What fun that would be.

Anonymous said...

Dude! I made my first green smoothie... kale, banana and a little apple juice and water. As Rachel Ray would say... Yum-O. Thanks for making it look so easy because it really is!