Sunday, January 25, 2009

A little catching up

I've abandoned my blog for a while now. We've been really busy with all this moving commotion. Our closing was suppose to be on the 21st but got pushed back to the 27th...TUESDAY! We are so excited!!!! Can't wait! It's going to be a little bitter sweet because we can't move in right away cause there is a lot that has to be done before we move in so Philipe will be MIA on his days off. Not having him around will probably stress me out, but I'm trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

January has been a very eventful month. We know a lot of people who have lost loved ones and a lot of others who have brought new life into the world. Half the time, I don't know if I'm suppose to be happy or sad. 

Bri has been a ball of fire lately. I definitely think she's going through the terrible twos a little early. Everything thing is, "NO! No! NO!" And it's not just one "no", it's a whole crap load of whiney loud "No's!" If some one looks at her the wrong way she has a break down. At times it can be quite embarrassing. Philipe and I often find ourselves asking each other what we're suppose to do. Being a parent is really hard at times. The way you discipline your child affects them for the ret of their life.... what is the right thing to do??? Brianna has started pinching out of frustration lately. Like if it's time to leave and she's not ready she throws a fit. I'll end up picking her up and she'll scream and pinch me. While I want to beat her little heiny for hurting me, I know that would kind of send the wrong message. I try to see things from her point of view but sometimes I just can't find a way to communicate with her. Ugh! I wish they came with instruction manuals. 

My belly is getting quite large now. Shaving my legs this morning was quite a struggle and I came out of the shower feeling like I could use a nap. LOL! This baby beats the crap out of me! I don't remember Brianna's kicks ever hurting so bad. Sometimes the baby will kick me a certain way and I feel like my vagina is going to fall out (if that's even possible). And....I wouldn't change it for anything in the world! I just can't wait till she gets bigger and has less room to move around. Maybe she'll stay still a little bit longer. I can feel her get the hic-ups now too. It's so cute! Brianna likes to walk up to my belly, with out warning, lift my shirt and give her "sissy" a kiss. It's adorable! It's a little strange when we're in public though cause if I try to stop her from lifting my shirt she throws a fit. Of course she can't just talk to her and kiss her threw my shirt, she's got to share my belly with the world. My friend Jen just had her gorgeous baby, Annalea, at home with the same midwife we're using. Her story is beautiful and it makes me even more excited about us having this baby at home. Soon, I'll have a beautiful birth story of my own to share. Can't wait!

Here I am at 6 months:









8 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute pictures, Trish! You're looking beautiful as usual. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new house. And seeing pictures, too! Ruby's not sick anymore, so maybe we can get the girls together one of these days when you're bored and lonely.

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Great set of photos! I really love pregnancy photos with the older sibling showing affection to the unborn.

Trish Chibas said...

I'm glad Ruby's feeling better, Lauren. It's no fun when the wee ones get sick. I don't know if I'll be bored anytime soon. Our closing is on Tuesday. Maybe a nice day away from it all would be worth it for me though. Or, you guys can come over and keep me company while I pack. Hehehe! I miss you girls like crazy! Bri does too.

Denise, Bri is obsessed with my belly. I'm sure I'll have a lot more of those photos to share.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah! I can't wait either! You look so beautiful. A totally cute pregnant lady you are!

I so know what you're going through with the "almost two" syndrome. My daughter who is now "almost three" {I can now tell you, trust me, it DOES get easier!} went through the same thing at the same time. Yes, it is embarressing. But it sounds like you and your husband are doing a great job.

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the house. All kids have their moments; after a trip where I found myself feeling quite judged and like people thought I had a "bad kid"...well, suffice to say, I know how you're feeling with Bri's toddler moments. ;) Hang in there!

Trish Chibas said...

Corin, your words are definitely encouraging as my kids are going to be about the same age apart as yours are. It's nice to hear it does get easier.

Amanda, bummer you didn't get to enjoy your trip to the fullest. I feel judged a lot too. Usually, by people that have kids already and like to tell me how to raise mine. Like they don't remember their kids having melt downs.

Natacha said...

I loved it when they would kiss my belly! I miss being pregnant allready.....these photos are so sweet you will be so glad you have them 20 years from now!!I hope your back feels better ;0) I know how much that hurts when they kick the whooptie out of you!

Trish Chibas said...

My back feels much better! You rock! Now if I can just get my husband to do that....