Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Philipe caught a poo!

So, we try to practice EC'ing from time to time. Brianna is naked a majority of the time when we're home. We're still not very good at catching but at least we make a connection when she goes. That's what's important.... at least that's what the book says. Personally, I would love to catch some on the potty rather than cleaning my floors all the time but it's really not that big of a deal.
Anywho, we got home from the mall today and I took Bri's diaper off as soon as we got home so she could get some air on her heiny. I went to go put the wet diaper in the diaper pail and as soon as I got back I saw that she peed all over the place. Philipe kind of made a "ugh" noise and asked why I left her with out a diaper on. He seems to show excitement about her learning to go to the bathroom on the potty but every time she has an "accident" (EC'ers refer to them as misses) he says she's to young and tells me I need to just put a diaper on her. Of course I don't listen and continue having to clean up messes all over the place. Well, while I was cleaning up her mess today I asked him to watch her. He asked if he could put a diaper on her and I explained we're never going to get good at this if we don't practice. So, as soon as I walked out of the room he put her on her little potty. And I heard him saying, "Brianna, go pee pee on the potty". In my head I thought he was ridiculous for even doing this. Obviously she didn't need to go potty. She just went all over the floor. He was just afraid to be left alone with her...diaperless. All of the sudden I heard Philipe shouting, "Yay, Brianna! You went poopie on the potty!" (I guess when practicing EC you're not suppose to make a big deal about going on the toilet but we're big deal kind of people. We tweeked it a little). He sounded so damn cute! I came running out to see what was going on and, oh boy, I wish I could have taken a picture of his face. He was pointing to the turd in the toilet like he just found a pot of gold. He was so proud! I was proud. I was proud I chose him to be my husband. He said he saw her make that face she makes before she goes poop so he put her on the potty but he didn't think she would go but then she stood up and there it was. How many fathers are that in tune with their kids bowl movements? He's such a good dad I think he could almost be a mom. That's big! I've only caught 1 poop. Now we're tied. It's on! We still haven't caught any pees. Brianna only pees standing up so that's been a bit of a problem. Any suggestions? I think Philipe might show a little more interest in elimination communication now that he got to see it first hand. One less diaper I have to wash! Yay! 

About 30 minutes later Philipe and I were looking at homes for sale online. Brianna was stading right in front of us. All of the sudden Philipe yelled "Hey" and jumped. I thought for sure something bit him. He said, "She just pissed on my foot!" I started cracking up. It was hilarious! Even he laughed. I told him he shouldn't get so excited. It might scare her. When she goes we're suppose to make the "pee pee" noise and let her finish. Hahahaha! Poor guy. At least this time he didn't say put a diaper back on her. He even helped me roll up the carpet so if she peed more it wouldn't get on the carpet. What a good man. 

Every time she pees when she doesn't have a diaper on she cuts it short and doesn't finish. I think she gets freaked out by the way it feels with out a diaper. I know that's a good thing but she'll never go on toilet, sitting down. So she pees like every 2 minutes because she doesn't fully empty her bladder. Again, any suggestions? 

Oh! We got Brianna's Halloween costume today. She's going to be a pirate. I can't wait to dress her up. Philipe even had the idea of buying a little plastic pirate sword to go with the outfit. I'll definitely post pics. That's all for now. Ta ta!


5 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

A pot of gold, huh! Men are really proud of thier BM's. All of mine are!

Lauren said...

I bet you can teach her to pee into a cup standing up...

Ann Marie said...

WOW! Great job B! What a big girl she's becoming. Won't diaperless days be nice...?

Christy said...

Laugh, love the play by play! Kudos to daddy! :)

Amanda said...

"He was pointing to the turd in the toilet like he just found a pot of gold."

HILARIOUS!!!

Isn't it lovely to see it in the toilet rather than in a dipe. ;)