Saturday, July 12, 2008

Still here

I know. I have totally neglected my blog for the last week and a half. We have been so busy lately I'm lucky if I even get to do the laundry! And I'm pretty sure Brianna is getting ready to cut 2 more teeth so she is requiring my undivided attention ALL THE TIME. I got her this super cute homeopathic teething necklace. I'll have to take pictures of her with her necklace later and post them. Not a whole lot new to report. Just staying busy. Now that Brianna is so mobile we have to find new things to do with her everyday. She goes nuts if she's in the house all day. She's just like her father! I would kill to be a bum on the couch for 1 day. She keeps me on my toes. Oh! We did buy a pretty big pool for the back yard. Bri loves it! I took a bunch of pictures but decided not to post them because Brianna is nude and there are a lot of sicko's out there that get of on that kind of stuff. So, one day I'll try to remember to put a bathing suit on her and take pics.

A couple weeks ago, I took some pictures of Brianna in the tub. My parents took this same picture of me when I was about Brianna's age and I think they look almost identical. I'll have to go through all my pictures and try to find it. Brianna loves her tubby time.

We got Brianna a bag of 100 balls from Walmart. We copied a friend of ours and blew up a pool and put all the balls in it. The pool of balls is Brianna's new favorite place to hang out. She'll sit in there and read a book for a good 15 minutes. Philipe jokes around and calls her a book nerd. He says when she starts school we're going to have to get her a pocket protector. She is so smart! I'll have to record her reading Dr. Seuss's, Hop on Pop. I'm tellin' ya, she can read that whole book. It's very impressive. 

For the 4th of July we went to Philipe's parents house. We had a really good time. Brianna loved the fireworks. 

Uncle Chris and Daddy thought it would be funny to give Brianna some "props" for a picture. I thought it was pretty funny myself.

On Tuesday Philipe, Brianna, and I went to a sign language class that the Indian River County library has. I liked it. Brianna enjoyed it. Philipe didn't care for it to much. He thought it was to advanced for ages 0-18 months.  I agree but Brianna really enjoyed the play time afterwards and it gives us something to do to get out of the house. After the class we went to Publix, got some subs, and headed to the Marine Center. It's free on Tuesdays. We really enjoyed it. It was nice to something fun as a family and not break our pockets. Brianna loved looking at the fish. She tries to say it and sign it too. She throws her hand out and says "ish"! Pretty darn cute.

And for one of my proudest moments.....Brianna can dribble a soccer ball. This clip is about a month old. She's gotten even better. I must say, I am the proudest mommy in the whole world. Life could not get any better! Well, the only thing that could top it off is if Brianna would sleep through the night but I don't see that happening anytime soon. 
Soccer is in her blood. She's a natural! Check it out....
Well, that's all for now. 

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Those pictures are absolutely adorable! I would like to try that sign language class sometime. Its really cool that its free.

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

That beings back memories... I filled a pool with those plastic balls once. The balls ended up all over the house. It seems for years I was still finding them in places. That's life with 2 mobile toddlers!

Lauren said...

Her hair is getting sooo long! I love the funky hairstyles that she has going on. The soccer video is too cute!